Momentum has been maintained around ‘dissemination’, ‘exploitation’ and ‘sustainability’ since the completion of the ‘DentCPD’ project at the end of 2012.
This project culminated in the production of the Supplement to the European Journal of Dental Education – the Dental CPD Reference Manual and other associated publication referred to elsewhere on this website.
Since 2012, discussions have taken place through the Life Long Learning Special Interest Group at each annual ADEE conference.
DentCPD raised the importance of addressing the issues of ‘quality assurance’ and ‘accreditation’ of dental CPD educational activities. These issues have been discussed at
- ADEE 2012, Lyon, France
- ADEE 2013, Birmingham, UK
- ADEE 2014, Rīga, Latvia
- ADEE 2015, Szeged, Hungary
In addition, members of the DentCPD Task Group have contributed to a series of important publications, including standards and frameworks of particular relevance to education and training in dentistry. These include:
- COPDEND Quality Assurance Framework for Dental workforce Development, April 2019
- EU Manual of Dental Practice, 2015, Council of European Dentists
- COPDEND, Standards for Dental Educators, 2014